Its about time someone who actually knows how to cook steps in with a recipe guest post! For all who know my friends, it should not come as a surprise that this delicious recipe is coming to the KittyMills fam from our fabulous foodie friend, Jamie. Not only is she great with what/where to eat, but she is also smart AF and has a great job at McCormick & Company (for non-Baltimoreans, McCormick was started and is headquartered in Baltimore County 🙂 :)). One of the many perks of the job is having the inside track on new and popular seasonings and spices. This is one of Jamie’s go to recipes and she preps it on a Sunday night and she and her husband can reheat for breakfast throughout the week. Without further ado…
Healthy Egg White Frittata for the Busy Work Week
- 2 cartons egg whites
- Handful of cherry tomatoes – to your liking
- McCormick all purpose seasoning
- ½ small Yellow onion – to your liking
- Assorted bell peppers – to your liking
- Jalapeno chicken sausage (3 links) – Trader Joes (could use any protein here)
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep all the veggies and sausage- I normally slice into small pieces.
- Put the spinach on the stove top – I usually use a little coconut oil but you could use PAM or olive oil – and add in ALL veggies.
- Cook over medium heat and continue stirring until onions and peppers soften.
- Spray a casserole or pie dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour the cooked veggies into the dish and spread evenly along the bottom.
- Sprinkle the sausage pieces across the veggies evenly.
- Pour in 2 cartons of egg whites.
- Layer the top of the frittata with McCormick’s all purpose seasoning blend (I have a heavy hand and love for salt, so go as big or small as you want).
- Cook for 20 minutes and check to see if center is cooked (you will be able to tell if it isn’t firm).
This entire recipe cooks enough for Brian and I to enjoy for breakfast during the work week and is a healthy (waist line and wallet) alternative to a daily Starbucks run. We slice it up and heat in the microwave for 30-45 seconds every morning- it is delicious! Enjoy!